The Hundred | Paul Stirling replaces injured Devon Conway

Abhishek Singh

Abhishek Singh

Author| Aug 4, 8:46 PM

PC- Twitter
PC- Twitter

After getting the No Objection Certificate (NOC) from Cricket Ireland, their star opener Paul Stirling would now be participating in The Hundred, the newest format of cricket. Stirling will join Southern Brave to replace injured New Zealand batsman Devon Conway.

The NOC was given to Stirling after Zimbabwe’s tour of Ireland was postponed due to Covid travel restrictions posed on the incoming guests by the United Kingdom government.

Speaking on this occasion, Stirling said, "I've watched the first few rounds of The Hundred with great interest and am delighted to have been given this chance to be involved.”

Brave, who have won their last two games might avail the services of the Irishman in their very next game on August 05 against the Manchester Originals away from home. Stirling is pumped up to join the Brave as well. "The Southern Brave team has been outstanding so far under James Vince, and I hope I can contribute to the ongoing success of the team," said the 30-year-old. 

Richard Holdsworth, High-Performance Director for Cricket Ireland was also excited about this opportunity for Stirling. "With the T20 World Cup approaching, the opportunity for one of our leading players to have an experience like this can only be beneficial," he said.

Share News On

Read Next

More News